What is the ACSA?
The American Computer Science Association Inc. is
a charitable research foundation organized by a group of computer scientists
originally in the 1980s. Starting with a mere 9,000+ members, with the
advent of the modern Internet ACSA has grown steadily and now has 2,536,230
comp-sci members, and 7 million+ "associate" members.
2. Watchdog on Public Policies™ - We watch public policy that directly affects our and other industry and society as a whole, including the laws, the trends, and those who break the laws or exceed the trends. Then we let you know. That way, you can make your Vote count by Voting on the basis of knowing, rather than a coin toss. Over time, we hope to make everyone's job as a Citizen and Voter, easier. Wading through the Morass in public policy can be very difficult. We can help.
3. Elder Care Panthers™ - Many of us have lost loved ones in old Age. Today, Health Care itself is as great a risk to Elders as disease. ECP endeavors to increase Patient Advocate Knowledge and endeavors to effect change to make Geriatric Medical Care a more caring, more accurate, less risky process for our loved ones to be cared by. Cleaning up Rehab and Nursing facilities and eliminating negligent doctors, and other practitioners, is our next task. Won't you help us?
4. Electronic Ethics™ - We observe, study and make recommendations for standards that apply to corporate, business, legal, computational, and communications ethics, and monitor those who violate such standards, particularly in areas directly affecting the computer industry, but not solely limited to the computer industry.
5. Articulum Digital Libraries™ - From it's infancy in 1989, this project has grown dramatically, what it does: we promote the organization of FREE and SUBSCRIPTION DIGITAL LIBRARIES and COLLECTIONS. Included among the "Articula" we value are: historical records, multimedia (such as Film Libraries, Radio Recordings and TV Broadcast Recordings, along with Artistic Recordings of any kind), artifactual libraries (representations of objects in digital form rendered from the original, for preservation past the expected lifespan of such objects), Published Books and Public Records, Government Repositories, Technology Records, USPTO.gov, Language Libraries, Law Libraries, Geophysical and Astronomic Libraries and so on, all easily accessible from the Web. We are also promoting the TRUE CENTRAL DIRECTORY for the Internet, URL411.com.
6. Historical Verification Project™ - For many years, our own industry labored under the misconception that Univac Corporation had invented the programmable electronic computer, and that it used an architecture first visualized by Alan Turing. In fact, Alan Turing had nothing to do with it. But under the cloak of WWII Secrecy, Sir Thomas Flowers invented 10 programmable electronic computers, known as Colossus, in another part of the British Decoders Station-X at Bletchley Park. His brainchild, first visualized for use in the British Telephone Establishment in the 30's, Sir Tommy Flowers is the true father of the programmable electronic computer and its inventor. After discovering so fundamental a flaw in the history of our own industry, we set about verifying various historical claims, and noting that Marketing genius often misrepresents "original invention" for "early commercialization", we are compiling a more accurate history of our own Industry. Since the same thing applies to ALL of recorded History, we created this project.
7. BumsOut™ - Ever wonder how it is that so much money gets spent in Washington, yet so little changes? Do you believe it has something to do with subtleties in the System that allow entrenchment and corruption to take place to such a degree that it has become the norm? You'd be right about that. In fact, it effects State and Local politics too. BumsOut works on political records, and endorses Candidacies that have Integrity and Political Participants who stand for the Public Good. We also work towards removing those who are abusing the system. We have independent fund raising efforts but need your support, so we can do good. We want ALL THE B*U*M*S OUT OF GOVERNMENT. Need we say more?
8. Healing First Americans™ - This is a project with a unique goal - to help the American Indian population restore its health, welfare, property rights and freedom, in society not of their own making, but which they are now a part of, America. They are the First Americans. We have a debt of obligation to help them recover their rights, including religious freedom, family structure, and to help them preserve their modern lands, while at the same time, giving them back what was really stolen from them: their heritage and their dignity. HFA could use everyone's help. For, whether we want to admit it or not, America has benefited dramatically from their participation in our society. We have become wiser, learned their ways, they have defended this land through multiple wars, and they have asked little in return. They have mined Coal for us, Uranium for us, and worked as our labor force. They have shared with us without selfishness. They deserve our respect and our admiration, and our apologetic support for the madness that came before, and even continues to some degree today. To that end we are supporting the creation of individual museums for each Tribe, restoration of the Tribal Elder Counsels, legal support enforcing the Land Use Autonomy of each Tribe, legal support preventing Tribal hijacking, and a variety of other programs including those intended to help First American families with Education and Health, and attaining financial independence, and programs that make it simpler for First Americans to trade from their Nations with the rest of America and the world.
9. Educating the Consumer™ - A new project as of 2006, ETC is focused on helping Americans learn how to avoid the Big Consumer Con that has plagued the American pocket book by leveraging peer pressure and public advertising to create trends that lead to addictive purchasing behavior from which the cycle is almost incurable in most Americans. Ranging from planned obsolescence to industrially toxic foods, and the deplorable health care and disease cycle imposed upon them, Americans face the greatest challenge ever: overcoming Corporate avarice. Whether it be understanding how a product like iPod or Zune can lead to children who zone out of getting the little education available, and how to teach your children NOT to zone out, to finding ways to pressure lunatic Federal and State Educational Government into bringing back music, art, crafts, creative reading and writing and other educational programs to help young minds develop. All of it comes down to educating the consumer, and that's what ETC is focusing on.
10. The Continental Water Supply™ - It has been said by the ACSA's scientists, that if one REALLY wanted to cure AIDS and other diseases in Africa, one should start by building a vast, clean water supply system for the entire continent. TCWS is a project aimed at looking at how to better fulfill the Clean Water Supply requirements of the Six Continents on Planet Earth. For without it, Humanity is headed for Extinction. It has been estimated that the cost of Health Care could be reduced by 50-60% or more in all six continents just by cleaning up the ground, aquifer and piped water supplies throughout the world. If true, we may be seeing the very same debacle that hobbled the Roman Empire, upon us on Planet Earth: toxins in our water supply. Imagine, we've polluted the Ocean to such a degree, its no longer safe to eat certain fish. Isn't that shameful? Finding ways to insure and safeguard clean water, even after natural disasters, is a self-redeeming effort. Help us do this.
11. The HOW TO SURVIVE AIDS project™ As
it turns out, AIDS is a complex disease with more than one cause.
Triggered by a retrovirus, the disease has many phases at which point it could
be prevented, progress halted, consequences eliminated. The Human Body has
the greatest natural defenses of all against AIDS, yet modern medicine is only
partially looking towards those defenses, due to the fixation in most modern
medicine on Pharmacology. Mr. Bill Gates, one of the two founders of
Microsoft (and its Chairman) recently plowed untold billions from the Bill and
Melinda Gates Foundation into incentives for research groups to find a cure.
However, in the meanwhile, people continue to die, or eventually will as the
so-called "cocktail" only slows the disease. Believe it or not, ACSA heard
of protocols based on alternative methods that have not only reduced the effects
of AIDS, they have resulted in reversal of the actual diagnosis from AIDS
positive to AIDS negative, resulting in a clean bill of health. We
attempted to verify this, and were very surprised to find out that it is true.
That surprised us as these anti-Aids protocols did not just require use of the
so-called Pharmaceutical Cocktail. In fact, while very rigorous, it has since
been observed that they are far more effective than the PC. We
investigated further and now are organizing the HTSA project to convey this
knowledge to those who have become infected, so that they can decide if they
want to work with the professionals who have evolved the immuno-supportive
programs that have given many a future WITHOUT AIDS, who were previously
diagnosed with the dread disease.
12. HALT! (Let's Halt Underage Abuse on the
Web™). This project is self
explanatory. We endorse the work of organizations like
"http://www.PervertedJustice.com", Stone Phillips, Dateline, the FBI, the
"National Clearing House on Child-Abuse and Neglect" division of the US Health
and Human Services Agency, and all similar organizations working to help prevent
further abuse of children by Predators and certain Adult Content Website
Operators. We are intent upon devising electronic methods for rooting out
Minor Abusive Web Content on the Web, and bringing its operators to Justice,
with the help of the Authorities. Because of the laws governing
Child-Abusive Web Content, private investigation of the subject can subject the
private investigation organizations to criminal prosecution for downloading the
content during the course of seeking out an adult content operation's operators
and exposing illegal content. This represents a dichotomy that makes Law
Enforcement's job more difficult, since the only witnesses available are
"snitches" who are willing participants in such Child-Abuse activity. Any
member of the public who might be a witness, could also be classified as a
criminal perpetrator for having downloaded or viewed illegal online content as
the law makes intent a very subjective issue. The line between unwitting
receipt of such content and knowing pursuit of such content is very slim. The
presence of Sting operations on the web furthers the likelihood that such
privately sponsored investigations might be misinterpreted as otherwise.
So, we are devising some pretty advanced technology, some of it rather
futuristic, that can trace the origins of the abuse of children by certain
WebSite Providers and across communications lines anywhere, without exposing
Human Operators not part of the FBI or the local Police to potential prosecution
for having pursued criminals on their own. The methods intend to eliminate the
need for Human non-law enforcement personnel from having to look at such illegal
images, video and content online by preventing them from ever having to outside
of a Court of Law. Accordingly, ISPs and other Service Providers will be
able to detect the presence of hidden or cloaked illegal content and take
preemptive steps turning them over to the Authorities, without the danger of
And there are many more. We invite you to join ACSA and to help us, for in the coming four years, we will be organizing chapters and setting up group luncheons and setting up meeting places. Any contribution is appreciated and it can be treated as a charitable donation!
American Computer Scientists Association Inc. is a
non-profit publicly funded private research foundation organized in the state of
New Jersey as a non-profit corporation, and an approved 501(c)3 charitable
organization. Voluntary Contributions are tax deductible. Please contact our CPA
or accountant to determine if your donations may be eligible. If you have any
questions, please feel free to call our business office at (908) 272-0016.
u n d e r c o n s t r u c t i o n